OPEN WATER SWIM RACES IN CHATTANOOGA, TN
If you know of a local event you would like to have added here, please email email@example.com
Chattanooga Rat Race - Early June
- Hosted by the McCallie River Rats USMS Club Team
- 4.5 mile or 2.4 mile open water swim in the Tennessee River; downstream current with an in-water start and a slightly rocky bottom for both the start and finish.
- There is NO 1.2 MILE EVENT this year - we now have a 2.4 instead.
- The water temperature is expected to be approximately 75 degrees
Open Water 2.4 Mile Swim sponsored by Friends of Outdoor Chattanooga
This is an IronMan 2.4 Mile course practice swim. 2018 TBA.
Snail Darter 1 Mile Sprint- Wednesday October 1, 2017
- The Snail Darter 1 Mile Sprint is an open water swim race in the Tennessee River, Chattanooga, TN.
- There are two heats. One for children (0.5 Mile Sprint), and one for adults (1.0 Mile Sprint).
- The 7th Annual Snail Darter 1 Mile Sprint (0.5 Mile for kids) will be held downtown on the Tennessee Riverhosted by the COWS and Outdoor Chattanooga.
- The event is part of the RiverRocks Adventure Sport Games.
- The 1 Mile Route varies depending on current. We typically start at the GPS dock, swim upstream for 200 yards and then take out at the Market Street Bridge kayak Launch.
- The 0.5 Mile Kids route is a downstream swim which starts at the GPS dock and finishes at the Market Street Bridge kayak Launch.
Swim the Suck- Saturday October 14, 2017
- The 8th Annual Swim the Suck 10-mile open water swim through the Tennessee River Gorge hosted by the COWS and Outdoor Chattanooga. The event is part of the RiverRocks Adventure Sport Games. Swim the Suck will be held on Saturday, October 14, 2017, at the Suck Creek Boat Launch at approximately 9:30 a.m. Athlete race briefing on Friday, October 13, 2017 at Miller Plaza.
- Swim the Suck 2016 sold out in under 30 minutes on Feb 1. There are still slots available for kayakers needed to pilot individual swimmers for the event. Please visit Swim the Suck for more information and to register as a pilot.