OPEN WATER SWIM RACES IN CHATTANOOGA, TN
If you know of a local event you would like to have added here, please email email@example.com
Chattanooga Rat Race - Saturday June 16, 2016
- Hosted by the McCallie River Rats USMS Club Team
- 4.5 mile or 2.4 mile open water swim in the Tennessee River; downstream current with an in-water start and a slightly rocky bottom for both the start and finish.
- There is NO 1.2 MILE EVENT this year - we now have a 2.4 instead.
- The water temperature is expected to be approximately 75 degrees
Open Water 2.4 Mile Swim sponsored by Friends of Outdoor Chattanooga - 08.27.2016 6:00 am - 11:00 am
This is an IronMan 2.4 Mile course practice swim.
Boonies Off Road Swim - 1 Mile or 5 Mile Swim - September 10, 2016
CANCELLED FOR 2016
- This is a new Wild Trails triathlon that is offering the Swim portion of the race as it's own race. The COWS are hosting the swim.
- The Swim start is at YMCA’s Camp Ocoee in Parksville Lake
- Registration coming soon.
- You can participate in the 1 mile swim or 5 mile swim. You may be paired with a biker and a runner to be part of the triathlon relay team.
- You can also choose to do the entire triathlon. If you choose to do the entire triathlon, the distances are:
- Short – 1 Mile Swim or 5 Mile Paddle, 10 Mile Mountain Bike, 5K Trail Run
- Long – 5 Mile Swim or 13 Mile Paddle, 30 Mile Mountain Bike, 13 Mile Trail Run
Snail Darter 1 Mile Sprint- Wednesday October 5, 2016
- The Snail Darter 1 Mile Sprint is an open water swim race in the Tennessee River, Chattanooga, TN.
- There are two heats. One for children (0.5 Mile Sprint), and one for adults (1.0 Mile Sprint).
- The 7th Annual Snail Darter 1 Mile Sprint (0.5 Mile for kids) will be held downtown on the Tennessee Riverhosted by the COWS and Outdoor Chattanooga.
- The event is part of the RiverRocks Adventure Sport Games.
- The 1 Mile Route varies depending on current. We typically start at the GPS dock, swim upstream for 200 yards and then take out at the Market Street Bridge kayak Launch.
- The 0.5 Mile Kids route is a downstream swim which starts at the GPS dock and finishes at the Market Street Bridge kayak Launch.
Swim the Suck- Saturday October 8, 2016
- The 7th Annual Swim the Suck 10-mile open water swim through the Tennessee River Gorge hosted by the COWS and Outdoor Chattanooga. The event is part of the RiverRocks Adventure Sport Games. Swim the Suck will be held on Saturday, October 8, 2016, at the Suck Creek Boat Launch at approximately 9:30 a.m. Athlete race briefing on Friday October, 7, 2016.
- Swim the Suck 2016 sold out in under 30 minutes on Feb 1. There are still slots available for kayakers needed to pilot individual swimmers for the event. Please visit Swim the Suck for more information and to register as a pilot.
2017 USMS Open Water National Championship Festival
Website coming here soon.
- In collaboration with the McCallie River Rats, we will again host the 2017 United States Masters Swimming Open Water National Championships Festival with a 1-mile fun swim on June 2, the 1-3 miles championship on June 3 and the 9+ mile championship on June 4.
- The COWS and Outdoor Chattanooga hosted the 2014 United States Masters Swimming Open Water National Championships event. The Championships were held on May 17, 2014, in the TN River in downtown Chattanooga.