2019 Snail Darter 1 Mile Sprint -10th Annual - Wednesday, October 9, 2019. Race Start at 6:00 PM.
The C.O.W.S. 10th Annual Snail Darter 1 Mile Sprint Open Water Race, part of the RiverRocks Festival, is a 1.0 mile downstream swim held in the TN River along the downtown Chattanooga Waterfront. The race will be held Wednesday, October 9th, 2019 at 6:00 pm (arrive at 5:00 pm).
Registration onsite before the race for $15. Meet under the Market St. Bridge at Coolidge Park and Race Jump at 6:00. Please also bring friends to kayak pilot for the event. Kayaks provided by Outdoor Chattanooga.
Cash/check/venmo. Proceeds go to Friends of Outdoor Chattanooga for our kayak use.
Must be a triathlete or competitive swimmer.
2016 Results: http://sceniccitymultisportllc.com/results/
Must be a USMS swimmer or sign the USMS 1-month trial waiver.
Bring your friends to kayak pilot please! We need them.
1) No later than 5:00 p.m. arrive and find parking at Coolidge Park. Pay to park.
2) Check in at the registration desk from 5:00-5:20 under the Market Street Bridge at Coolidge Park next to the river and get body marked.
3) There will be a race course swimmer and pilot briefing. Rules = no swim aids, no wetsuits, no mp3s, must wear a brightly colored cap, please bring one or buy one at event.
4) At 5:35, kayakers will paddle upstream to the GPS dock. Swimmers will leave all of their things in the Outdoor Chattanooga Kayak Locker at Coolidge. Swimmers should wear flipflops and then walk to the GPS dock. THANK YOU GPS. Flip flops and other small items will be shuttled for you to the swim finish.
5) Race Jump at 6:00 p.m. at the GPS dock. There will be a water start. ROUTE BELOW. The 1.0 Mile Sprint has a ~400 yard upstream portion, around a buoy, and then downstream.
6) Turn left and swim upstream from the GPS dock 0.215 miles towards a large orange buoy. It will be parallel to about the 5th house of Heritage Landing. You must swim around the he orange buoy (go upstream of it), circle it and turn downstream.
7) Swim under Veteran’s Bridge, Walnut Street Bridge and Market Street hugging the North Shore towards the large orange buoy.
8) Finish under the Market Street Bridge at the kayak launch. It will be an out of water finish on the actual ramp.
9) Tacky trophies at the finish at 6:30.